Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thank goodness for mates

All tied up in the evening.

Yesterday I finally got the mast out of Shemara. A few days ago Ben took his lunch break to come down and help me paddle her to the wharf for the crane. The Northerly was a bit too strong so it didn't happen. A few days later Mike steered her while I dragged her out with the tender. I spent the night on her to guard against yahoos, removed all the rigging, and booked the crane for that morning.

Trev (who can be seen here in the white jumper on launch day) lent a hand at the time of the hoist out and towed me back with his lovely little launch "Cygnet". Crofts, the crane company, were
great. It only cost 80 bucks. In the final picture you can see the penny which has stuck to the foot of the mast. Lucky it's there because modern coins are made of rubbish metal.





No comments: